NRW Climate Networkers are helping local communities with efforts to tackle climate change. Climate Networkers across NRW are the main points of contact for communities, businesses and citizens regarding climate action and energy efficiency. Working from central locations, they are helping develop projects to tackle climate change and encourage communication on climate issues. What’s more, as networking centres for each region, they’re also bringing state and regional partners together.
Local towns and communities have an important role to play in protecting the climate as they currently account for more than 70 per cent of global emissions (primarily from the use of buildings and transport infrastructure). However, local communities are now initiating, approving and carrying out concrete projects to develop new traffic plans, expand the use of renewables, promote the heating transition and change the construction sector, among many others. And that’s why it’s so important for NRW.Energy4Climate to have a local presence in each region, allowing us to help local stakeholders access funding programmes and develop projects. Climate Networkers across NRW are the main points of contact for communities, businesses and citizens regarding climate action and energy efficiency. They provide information to connected stakeholders and can offer tools such as Förder.Navi (online tool for information about funding programmes), Klimaschutz-Planer (tool for tracking local emissions) and the Kom.EMS energy management system. Not only that, they can also help develop initiatives such as the AltBauNEU (retrofitting) project and NRW Climate Campaign. All of this helps strengthen the fight against climate change and promote the energy transition in local communities. NRW.Energy4Climate essentially acts as a central driving force, pooling everyone’s efforts and resources.
NRW Climate Networkers:
- provide impartial information on third-party consulting services and funding programmes as well as other support options in the areas mentioned above;
- provide expertise, consultants and experts in various sectors including electromobility, renewable energies, solar thermal energy and photovoltaics with/without storage systems;
- assist in creating local networks;
- support you in creating and running projects to help protect the climate;
- help organise and stage events (we can also provide direct support, e.g., hosting discussions and helping create content);
- share know-how by identifying and communicating suitable best-practice projects;
- support public relations activities (outreach).
How can we help you?