As a think tank, IN4climate.NRW shares its vision of the practical measures needed to make industry climate neutral. The key area of the initiative’s work are new technologies and innovative approaches to developing a competitive and sustainable economy.
On the path to climate-neutral industry
This fundamental transformation of industry demands high investment on the part of companies. They need safe investment and reliable help and support to enable them to survive as trailblazers on the global market. That is why IN4climate.NRW, alongside experts from industry, science and policy-making, is developing specific measures to ensure climate-neutral production processes and supply chains, both in terms of the necessary infrastructures and the general political and social conditions.
IN4climate.NRW’s targets and responsibilities
- Pointing out the key areas where research is needed, including identifying fields of innovation and research for climate-neutral industrial production
- Developing and encouraging ideas for research projects
- Exploring scientific and technical strategies to maintain the sustainability of the industrial region
- Carrying out technological studies in compliance with the general regulatory and political framework
- Identifying potential and consistent product-specific developmental steps
- Identifying infrastructure needs
- Designing innovation road maps to implement springboard innovations
- Designing and discussing funding instruments
- Facilitating the cost-effective manufacture of climate-friendly products